Advantage After School Positions
ADVANTAGE AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
People & Possibilities, Inc., a subsidiary of the Niagara Falls Housing Authority, in collaboration with the Niagara Falls City School District
People and Possibilities, Inc., a subsidiary of the Niagara Falls Housing Authority, is seeking two (2) teachers for the Advantage After-School Program to be held at Niagara Falls High School and LaSalle Preparatory School.
Rate of Pay: $24.00 per hour
Date/Time: November 2017 – June 2018
Monday – Friday, 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at NFHS
Monday – Friday, 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. at LaSalle Prep
*Hours can be flexible to allow travel time.
Qualifications: NYS Teacher Certification (preferred prep or high school)
- Excellent communication skills and positive outlook in dealing with students
- Experience working as a team member focused on contributing to quality programming.
- Excellent command of technology skills for instruction and data management.
- Solid familiarity with NYS standards.
- Excellent organizational skills – record keeping.
- Work closely with the Program Director to address student needs.
- Provide academic tutoring and instruction to students – Math/Language Arts.
- Communicate effectively and positively with students, staff, parents and volunteers.
- Meet monthly with Program Director, Coordinator and program staff to evaluate the program and provide continual feedback for ongoing program design.
- Work cooperatively with community partners.
Please email resume to Patricia L. Barone, Deputy Executive Director, Niagara Falls Housing Authority at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 3, 2017.