NFHA Hosts 9th Annual "Let's Talk" Conference
Samika Sullivan, one of the workshop presenters at the Let’s Talk Conference, is proud of the impact that this annual event creates each year. Samika said that many of the girls have reached out to her long after the event to ask for resume assistance or career advice. She added, “The fact that the majority of the presenters are local, the students see them in the community and the presenters can act as a mentor or resource because the connection was made at the Let’s Talk Conference.
Everyone hoped that the 9th annual Let’s Talk Conference would continue its legacy of success and impact, and sure enough it did! The event, which 150 middle and high school girls registered to attend, kicked off with an inspirational message that “It’s all about YOU.”
The workshops at the conference included:
- Show Me The Money And How To Get It – Interviewing techniques, resume writing, and dressing for success with Lee Whitaker and Angela Smith.
- Young, Gifted, And Strong – with Laura Allen, Yahoo! Inc. staff member
Laura encouraged the young women in attendance by saying, “It is important to know that you are all gifted.”
- Getting My Finances In Order – with Sonya Agee of Key Bank
- Self-Love, Self-Worth…I AM More Than Just A Body – with Mercedes Holiday of For Our Daughters
Mercedes Holiday, of the charity For Our Daughters, teaches the audience about the power of self-love.
- A Healthier Life, A Healthier Me – with Chaointe Scott of the Community Health Center of Niagara
Attendees joined in to chant, “A healthy life is a healthier me.”
- A Lady And Her Books – Educational success with Samika Sullivan of the Niagara Falls Housing Authority
In her workshop, Samika explained that “When you read well you can communicate better.”